Talks & articles
- Sites vs. Apps defined: the Documents‐to‐Applications Continuum. Documents and applications sit at opposite ends of a continuum.
- Save Lindsay Sandiford. Help 56 year-old British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford appeal her death sentence with the Supreme Court in Bali. The UK government won’t help her but we can.
- Pixel‐parity rems. Get all the advantages of using rems combined with all the advantages of using pixels. A pixel‐parity rem is a rem that is equivalent to a pixel. Pixel‐parity rems are relative units that are also as easy as pixels to visualise.
- Diversity, equality, toxicity, etc. We all lose when a young man who cares about diversity and equality is hesitant to speak publicly about the subject because we’ve made it toxic to do so.
- Stop starting at my willy, please. It’s not everyday that you get mainstream media confirmation that you are, indeed, the owner of male genitalia. It is sad, however, when an important topic gets overshadowed by talk of willies.
- On false dichotomies and diversity. Having a diverse roster of speakers at a conference does not imply that those speakers were not chosen on merit.
- 2012: year in review I take a stroll down memory lane to review the year that’s been.
- Design is not veneer. This is a response to the article ‘How to make your site look half‐decent in half an hour’ by Anna Powell‐Smith on 24 ways.
- All notes
- Historical archive
Quick scribbles; not polished treatises.